Wednesday, November 8
Rocking back and forth, keeping my head buried in my knees,
I didn't look up to see
the falling star meant for me.
Suddenly I heard a voice.
"Why are you crying, little one?"
Little one? How old is this guy?Mahogany met twin orbs of black and I realised my mistake. It wasn't a guy I was talking to, I was talking to my star, the star I was suppose to wish upon.
Oh great, next the sun will tell me it's my grandpa.I sniffed back my tears and went back to my original position. "Why do you care?"
A small chuckle escaped the star's pencil-thin lips. "Because you're sad about something. And when you're sad you'll want to make it better. You can do it by telling me your wish..."
The old gears in my brain creaked. I tried to remember what I had been crying about. A torrential pour of tears always hepled wipe my memory clean.
"I wish.. I wish I knew what to do..."
The star raised an eyebrow, or at least, what looked like an eyebrow. "About?"
Tilting my head upwards, I was met with the endless midnight sky. "About... someone..."
"Ah, I see."
I whipped my head to face the star. "I told you my wish, shouldn't you be fufilling it and telling me the solution?"
Another chuckle. "That isn't up to me. Only your heart knows what to do. The only thing I can help you with is to make sure what you want to do comes true. Not help you find out what you should do."
All I could do was stare.
I know that... But I think my heart's on temporary malfunction..."You promised him, didn't you?"
I nodded silently.
"Do you intend to keep your promise?"
My eyes glazed over, his question echoing in my mind.
You want to leave me?I shook my head.
The star looked confused. "You don't want to stay with him?"
I blinked, realising the star had misunderstood.
I laughed, truly laughed. The way he made me laugh when we were together...
Suddenly, the star vanished, replaced by the golden rays of the rising sun. Had I stayed out here for that long?
Brushing myself off, I stood as I heard someone call out my name. It was him.
"You ready to go?" he asked when he reached me.
I smiled.
"No. I'm never going to leave."
Jadie, Weekiat.