Thursday, March 8
Turning and turning
yet all i see is
darkness.
Swallowed up by greed, by selfishness,
i forgot to look in the mirror
and remind myself of who i was.
Lost in the black abyss
lost to the world
i lost myself.
Was it because of the load?
was it because of the distance?
was it because i just wasn't strong enough to hold on?
I don't know.
I didn't want to let go
yet at the same time, i wanted to reach out for that forbidden chance
best of both worlds?
That's what
yeowlin called it.
All the hype died down
all the excitement, all the fun
all the teasing, all the seductiveness
Left only was the brutal face of reality
calling me a liar, a betrayer, a two-faced coward
slapped across the face, oh how it stung.
Say again what i did wrong
say again how stupid i had been
say again if i can receive forgiveness
Say again if i'm still worthy of his love.
Always follow your heart
that's what i've been taught.
then please, all i ask is for the strength to hold on tighter.
I don't want to make a mistake,
no,
I don't want to lose you.
I heard that sad story and I silently laughed at their stupidity.
Well, I guess I should start laughing at myself now.