Sunday, September 30
Screaming mindlessly into the night, the darkness drowning out those terrible cries.
Still, no one hears, no one knows, no one cares.
Dreams will be dreams, yet indiscernible from reality.
Who are we to judge that life is fair?
Do you yearn for me?
These tainted wings and broken vows, pieces of the jigsaw that don't fit anymore.
Why do you love someone condemned to Hades, whilst others are all being welcomed above?
Don't you see the dirt, violation and fear on my face?
Don't you notice I always shy away from your loving gaze?
Maybe... All I was hoping for was to be able to touch an innocence I would never regain.
Your light is too blinding for my darkness.
The bare nakedness, my heart lies open in front of you.
And yet, I fear.
I fear you would see the things that I've done, the foolish acts I've committed in the past.
Then, only disgust and hatred would remain.
The paradox; not wanting to keep any secrets from you, yet at the same time being ashamed of those secrets.
You've barely scratched the surface, the inner hollow screams for release.
Yet, its cry is muted, for it doesn't want to draw attention to its ravaged face.
A pawn in a war between black and white.
Pawns; interestingly insignificant yet indispensable.
Manipulated by the dark strings of nightmares, living and acting in this mascarade called life, the facade lasts until the final scene plays.
Death, the ultimate justice.