Thursday, October 4
Ever read something that caused your chest to tighten up? whether in fear, anger or just some raw emotion you can't place your finger on.
I'd say I have some difficulty breathing now.
Part surprise, part revelation, part... Incomprehensible fear.
It strangles you, chokes you, gnaws at your very core.
I don't think I can sleep tonight.
Whether it's the fear or the revelations that'll keep me up, I have no idea.
I discovered something today.
It's called fear.
Fear that chills me to the bone.
It strikes a familiar cord; the words written were the same as mine.
Yet, at the same time, they evoke an alien, suffocating grasp of emotions.
Relentless, unforgiving, is this what it means to be truly afraid?
I read the venom in those words, experienced the furious rage, tasted the bitterness, morbidly amazed by the harsh and icy text spewed forth.
It sounds like me, yet at the same time, it sounds foreign.
I lay fascinated by the similarities in our pieces of writing, but cower in the face of the other's raw emotion.
It scares me.
Like the sea; the other's first love. They cannot be tamed, both having an insatiable hunger for freedom. They cannot be controlled, for their power and primal energy go beyond that of our understanding (or at least mine). They cannot be fully understood; at times gentle, at times stormy, always fiercely protecting their secrets.
They are unconquerable.
I am merely skittering on the water's surface, ignorant of the true depths of this seemingly simple, yet deceptively complex being.
Who am I to say that I can tame this unruly sea?
Who am I to say that I can control this wild beast that lays just beneath the mask?
Who am I to say... that I am worthy of the other's love?
The fear manifests itself, building a wall around my already trembling heart, further distancing myself from the other.
I dare not venture into those uncharted territories, where the unknown lies.
I am not allowed to.
Is there a place for me in that impenetrable world?
Fear holds people back. Fear keeps people safe.
Fear, eventually destroys.
Quench your thirst for blood, quell those fires that burn right under your skin.The primal need to devour all that stands in your way,Never tamed, never meant to be chained.As the thunder roars and lightning rolls,I cry under the rotting oak tree, praying for strength and forgiveness.Demons don't cry, remember?