Tuesday, October 21
I'm staring at the three minimised Microsoft Office Word windows in my taskbar. Or whatever hell you call that thing at the bottom of the computer screen.
Well okay, I'm not
staring at them per se since if I were I wouldn't be able to type coherently.
Damn why do I use 'per se' so much nowadays?
Right out of point - cough.
The minimised windows are scary. Because they're examples of my seniors Independent Studies (IS). Which is that shit KI 6 month research paper that amounts to 40% of your overall A level KI grade.
Oh god.
It scares me that I can't even decide on what area of interest I want to pursue.
And it's scary when Li Wen walks up to you in the canteen and tells you she has a few ideas already, the only problem is the 'scope of research' for them.
God.Damn.
Apparently Law (or should it be Morals/Ethics?) seems to be a popular topic.
Hm, shall finally go check out what's the difference between Morals and Ethics.
Morals: Principles or habits with respect to right or wrong conduct.
Ethics:
A set of principles of right conduct.
A theory or a system of moral values.
The study of the general nature of morals and of the specific moral choices to be made by a person;
moral philosophy.
So, morals is a subset of ethics? Seems like it. (okay I went to google about
Set Theory but ended up not reading the thing properly because of many mathematical symbols)
KI fries brains.
What's 6 months of it gonna be like?
I really need to choose an IS topic I (at least)
like.
Shall do the inevitable and read the seniors' IS - shudders. 3000 x 3 = 9000 words yo.