Monday, December 15
Back from Hokkaido, missing the politeness and the impeccable service, not really missing the snow and the cold (although Narita's temperature was more to my liking).

I liked the wide open spaces, especially at the coastline. But I don't really mind that home is small. And seriously land-scarce.

First time I experienced snow
falling. Not ice on the ground. Soft, powdery,
fresh snow. I saw icicles dangling precariously off roof edges in Otaru. But getting whacked in the eyeball by snowflakes isn't very pleasant. And I had to take extra care that my camera didn't drown from melted snow.

I wrote 'Hibari' (chinese characters) in the snow outside the ice cream shop in Otaru.
The red berry trees reminded me of Hibari. If only because they were the only flowering flora throughout the trip and the guide (Richard) told me they belonged to the same family as cherry blossoms (Sakura; I want to see them).

I wonder how they survive the brutal cold.
Eating Japanese food in a
yukata made me feel Hibari-esque too.
Animals I managed to see: bears, raccoons, foxes, swans, cranes.




The
Shiroi Koibito chocolate factory was amazing. It's like the Japanese answer to Willy Wonka. Sort of. Since
Shiroi Koibito is actually that biscuit-filled-with-white-chocolate thing.




Note: ¥21,000 roughly equates to S$342



The trip home was much better. Both times I regret that I can't finish my meal (for fear I would spew it all out after landing). Still sound drunk and inarticulate after landing in Singapore.
The City of Dreaming Books (pure genius), iPod which served me valiantly, some potato-stick Calbee snack (carrot flavoured of course) from Lawson (my new favourite snack and convenient store :) and Soki.
Or Hoka, my mum calls it that, since it's from Hokkaido. Bought it when we went to see Hokkaido north foxes. Have renamed my plushies accordingly (White thing = Pan, Pirate/Eye patch Rabbit = Lavi, Owl = Snow (for I lack an imagination when it comes to naming)
My better pictures, hope I can make them into half-decent icons.
long live 8.2 megapix cameras and experimenting with macro/3x digital zoom/scenery functions









All images are not to be used without permission. I should start using watermarks or something (in a vain attempt to make myself sound pro and accomplished).My eyes hurt. I feel feverish and terribly dehydrated.
Hokkaido-unrelated-fangirling: ☆ The first 11min of Bleach 198 is just pure utter worship homage to Byakuya and his flowery greatness :DD
☆ If my brain isn't too altitude-wasted, I'm quite sure both the new Bleach movie and Shitenmyu have started. AND I KNOW SHERYL'S THERE NOW TO WATCH THE LATTER RAWR-
☆ D18 anthology project by khr_projects is just SUPERB STUFF. Especially page 95. I'm so glad I didn't miss the public-post deadline.Side note, I can collect my RV poem book thing already :D Is oddly filled with anticipation.
At home in a foreign landETA: I totally forgot to mention. I got to sit on the
POKEMON PLANE when I was travelling from Chitose to Haneda >D