Tuesday, April 13
Watching MYTHBUSTERS now :D they're doing a lunar landing special, tackling the myth that the moon landing in 1969 was faked -filmed in a studio- and basically NASA cheated the whole world ]:
lol um I actually believed that it was fake since sec2 because of a presentantion on 'the moon hoax'. No seriously. It was my first brush with conspiracy theories xD (I only realised last year when it was the 40th anniversary of the lunar landing lol)
so I think it's totally fated that I should watch this episode :D
of course, the final conclusion is: it really was
one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind (:
and it just proves that it's all down to insufficient knowledge ]:
(eg. 1. that the grains in moon dust have sharp edges thus they're able to hold together like how wet sand holds on earth (moisture is needed for sand because weathering causes sand grains to have smooth edges, so dry sand grains collapse if you try to leave a boot imprint.)
2. the surface of the moon is quite reflective so even without a secondary light source, objects in shadow are still quite brightly lit.
3. in a vacuum, there is no air resistance so momentum can cause a flag to continue waving even after the initial 'planting' motion has ceased.)