Thursday, December 9
been meaning to watch this. (will go rent it soon.) yes it's for shallow reasons like how the title and main character ("Sky Captain") sounds so utterly like Alfred and OMG IT'S ANGELINA JOLIE OKAY.
there's like some Michael Gambon thrown in too, how's that for theatrical sophistication. plus I need to watch more of these steampunk/alternate universe/slightly sci-fi/futurist stuff. (LOL I think it's Greg's fault.)
I know it didn't do well in terms of revenue (it made losses LOL) but I thought it looked cool when it first came out. and I think I saw about 30 seconds of it once, somewhere, and I immediately went 'homg why haven't I watched this yet?'. yeah it was Angelina Jolie in that 30s but still!
anyway, I'm glad it's wiki page says it was positively received by critics and is notable for the whole CGI thing.
- HOLYFUCK Angelina Jolie is from the Royal Navy. the
Royal Navy.
DUDDDDDDDEEEEEE I NEED TO WATCH THIS
+ plugging for an awesome usuk steampunk AU which sounds kinda like Sky Captain : You Can't Take the Sky from Me. this thing has broken 1000 reviews. that's gotta mean something man (°_°)bE D I T :
WATCHED. MY THOUGHTS.
1. I knew
alot some of the backstory and concepts were left out of the final movie! the world they've created is too complex to fit everything into a 107min movie (that, while the original creators had a great deal of control over, is still made in Hollywood) like, I kept finding it a little odd how Sky Captain was flying alone, when in the original 6min trailer that scene was suppose to have him AND his whole Flying Legion come in 8Db
2. ALSO I TOTALLY KNEW that Sky Captain's character is really the classic, all-American cowboy type! :DD and Jude Law is just too British to pull that off >:
3. No complaints about Angelina Jolie as Commander of the Royal Navy. NONE. they even had an amphibious squadron (omg my heart 8D) she could totally rock the eye patch and the British accent /flails
NEXT
GEEKY FUTURIST MOVIE - 2001: A Space Odyssey
maybeLabels: sky captain